New procedure for money claims

19-03-2012 11:16

As from today (19 March 2012) the procedure for filing a county court money claim changes.  From now on, the claim form should be sent to the County Court Money Claims Centre (CCMCC) and not the relevant county court. 

The case will then be issued from the CCMCC, in the name of Northampton County Court.  Where a claim is defended it will then be transferred to the relevant county court.

All new claims for money only proceedings from 19 March 2012 should be sent to:

Salford Business Centre

PO Box 527


M5 0BY

There is also a dedicated helpline number 0300 123 1372.

There is a new claim form which asks the claimant to confirm its “preferred court” so that if the case is defended and requires transferring the CCMCC knows immediately to which Court it should be transferred.

If you need any more information about this topic, please contact Emma Hayward.

Go back